Sunday, March 21, 2010

4 is not all she thought it was

Yesterday Natalie was being a little stinker so she spent some time with her nose in the corner and then even more time in her room in time-out. After a few minutes I went to go check on her. She was laying on her bed, starting to settle down and ready to talk. I was doing the good parent thing; getting low, looking into her eyes, asking if she knew why she was in trouble... When I asked if she knew why she was sent to time-out, she looked at me with a very confused look and said, "but dad I thought that when you were four years old you got to do whatever you wanted."
If that were the case then I want to be four for the rest of my life. Even if it is not true I want to be four again. What a fun age!

For the grandparents, here is a random picture of Ryan. I am told that blog posts are boring without pictures.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

That's funny - you get to do whatever you want when you're four! And you went and burst that wonderful bubble by putting her in her room - mean daddy.

Susan said...

First of all I cannot imagine Natalie doing anything that requires time out....but you are the parent. Thanks for the photos. Love them.

Stephanie Hancock said...

You have such cute kids--I loved your video! We are so excited you're moving closer! One of Kyle's favorite things is priesthood session of general conference and of course the Javier's trip afterwards, and he was excited that next conference you'd probably be there! (But hopefully we'll see you guys more often than that:) Hope things are going well for you guys!