Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Happy Birthday Ryan!!!









It's hard to believe that our baby is already 1 year old! It has been such a great year and we are so happy he is a part of our family. He is such a happy little guy and we love him SO much. We had fun celebrating his birthday by opening presents (with Natalie's help), playing at the park, then eating birthday cake and ice cream.

He's turned into quite the talker. Even though we have no idea what he is saying he loves to hear his voice and be heard. He says "dad" and "daddy" pretty good. I keep trying to get him to say "Mom", but the closest he's gotten is "ma". And I've only heard that a couple times. How unfair! He's also decided that he does NOT like having his diaper changed. I now loathe changing his diaper. The kid will not hold still. He's turning over and wiggling all over the place. It's made diaper changing quite the chore that I dread doing. Maybe he'll be one of those early potty trainers. Wishful thinking, I know.

We love you Ryan!!!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

That kid is smiling in every single picture taken of him! Did he get a toy lawnmower for his birthday? I love it! He's so adorable.

Tyson and Jennifer said...

That sounds like the perfect day. Happy first birthday to Ryan! He really does always look so happy.

Doug said...

We love pictures of Ryan. What a happy and cute little boy. He is growing up so fast - it will be fun to have him at the pool this year. He will enjoy playing with the dog and swimming. Looks like he knows what to do with a birthday cake, too.

Jessica said...

That little boy is so darn cute! I hope he had a great birthday! Can't wait to have you guys move back "home"!