Monday, July 21, 2008

Gettysburg








Last weekend we went to Gettysburg. It was "Bikers weekend at Gettysburg" so we definitely weren't the only ones there. Adam was wishing he was on a motorcycle riding along with them. But visiting there has encouraged us to read and learn more about what happened there. One of Adam's distant relatives had a lot to do with the war there. There were a couple memorials with his name on them, Winfield Scott Hancock. There was also a road named Hancock Avenue. What a miserable place to be fighting a war (not that there is any good place for war). We were there the same time of year that the war took place and it was so hot and humid. We were grateful that we had an air conditioned car to be in most of the time!

3 comments:

Laura said...

That is so cool! I am glad you guys are getting out and seeing all that is around you. So fun! And Krysta you look GREAT!!!

The Scholer's said...

I'm so glad that you have a blog. I have been wondering how you are doing. It looks like you are taking advantage of where you are at and seeing all the sites. I'm excited to keep in contact.

Sarah said...

Adam,

I bet that Dad is jealous that you were able to go to Gettysburg. That sounds like a very interesting place to go.