Monday, May 25, 2009

NC here we come!

We are down to our last few days here in Maryland. Our movers come Wednesday and Thursday to pack up our stuff, Friday we'll be cleaning the apartment and then we'll drive down to North Carolina on Saturday. It's hard to believe that it's been a year already. We've loved our time here and are sad to leave in many ways. But we're excited for our next adventure in NC.

Since we're leaving so soon we decided that we wanted go to D.C. one more time, so we went last weekend. Adam had never been to Arlington National Cemetery so we decided to go there and then we went to the American History Museum which was closed the last time we were in D.C. There is so much to do and see there you never have enough time to see it all.

I never thought the day would come when I would be excited to announce that I now drive a mini-van! Or as Adam likes to call it, a "loser cruiser". He'd much rather have bought a motorcycle or truck. (Someday Honey, someday...) But ever since Ryan was born I've been feeling a bit crammed in our car. I told Adam that I thought we should look into getting a van, but he didn't really take me seriously until we drove to North Carolina a few weeks ago to find a place to live. After we got our luggage and ourselves loaded into the car and drove for a little while the idea of getting a van was sounding better and better to him. I had been looking into them online for a while and then was able to convince Adam to go and test drive some a couple weeks ago. He just LOVES car shopping and dealing with salesman so he was pretty excited to go (not!). Anyway, we bought one last Wednesday and have been enjoying our new found space ever since!

My little brother Robby got home from his mission on Friday! Hard to believe it's been two years and that my baby brother is now 21 and a returned missionary. That makes me feel old! I feel bad that we weren't there to welcome him home, but we'll be coming to visit in August and hopefully we can get him to come visit us soon too (hint, hint).






9 comments:

Clarissa Meegan said...

A year already?!! Where did that time go!

And congrats on the van---you'll love your loser cruiser :)

Doug said...

Great to see the new pictures of the kids. They are both growing so quickly. Natalie is such a cute little girl and so much fun to talk to. You will enjoy North Carolina, it is a beautiful place. Take a weekend and go to Great Smokey Mountain Park - you will be impressed. Give the kids a kiss from me.

Bkay said...

Good luck in NC! I have also loved my mini van. I can't believe how much easier it has made my life! I still hear all about how un-cool my ride is, but I tell my hubby that it's not the van that is cool, it's the driver!

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

Can't wait to see you!

defenderoftruth said...

Dad's right about North Carolina and the Smokies. It is a really pretty area.
I'm sure you guys will get along great there, what with such a cool g-ride. Just drive slow through the neighborhood when you first arrive, with the windows down, giving everyone a chance to see you.

Susan said...

Thanks for the update. We love your blog. You will love the van I am sure. Adam will get over it. I guy at work parks right in front of me and I noticed they had a new van. He said, "Yes, we bought a van and on the same weekend had tickets to Ice Capades." It was the worst weekend of his life. So me claims.

Anonymous said...

Haha...Loser Cruiser...Adam, you are such a butthead!

Susan said...

Could I possibly misspell any more words or use the wrong words incorrectly? Maybe next time I'll get everything right. Probably not. Love you all.

Jessica said...

I hope the move goes/went smoothly!

Love the cruiser!