Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Catching up

Since it's been over a month since my last post I guess it's time for another one. We had a really nice Thanksgiving. We had dinner with some friends and the missionaries were there as well. It's so nice to have great friends especially when you're far away from family. Thanks to the Rothlisbergers for having us over.

The Saturday after Thanksgiving we put up our Christmas tree and decorations. I love the Christmas season! I had Christmas music playing while we decorated all day. I think Adam got a bit sick of it, but not me! The Christmas season doesn't last long enough. I also went out shopping on Black Friday. I didn't leave until 10:00 so I missed the big crowds. It was so fun shopping for Natalie. This is the first year that she really understands what's going on and is excited about everything. She loves to see all the Christmas lights outside. We saw Santa on the street waving to people the other day and she thought that was pretty neat. She's hoping that Santa will bring her some play doh for Christmas. I think Santa will be able to handle that request.

So the weather has definitely gotten COLD!!! It's been SO cold these last few days. I think our high was in the low 30's the other day. Brr...


A couple weeks ago I got a call from a friend here asking me if I wanted her piano! She and her family are moving across the country to Washington and decided not to take it with them. They got it from a friend who was moving, for free, who got it from a friend who was moving, for free, so it's a little beat up, but I love it!And it was free!!! It's been so nice and fun to have a piano in the house. Natalie just loves it. I don't think there has been a day when it hasn't been played. Thanks Laura and Clark!
So my 5 year anniversary is coming up next week and I have no idea what to do. Anyone have any good ideas?

Last night I put on a pair of my maternity pants for the first time since I wore them while pregnant with Natalie. I put them on and they felt funny. So I go and look in the mirror and they look okay. Okay until I turn around and check out my backside. The pants were so tight and just looked awful! I got feeling so bad because I still have 3 months to go and I wore these pants up until I had Natalie. They were never too small. So I was feeling pretty bad until I lifted up my shirt and saw that I had the pants on backwards!!! Maternity pants on backwards is not a good thing! Adam just laughed at me when I told him. So anyway, I don't feel so bad anymore. They fit just fine with room to grow! The pregnancy is going well and our little boy is a mover! He is already on the wrong schedule! He's very active at night, and not so much during the day. Great!

We're going home for Christmas next week and we can't wait! Natalie can't wait to see her grandparents and cousins. I've been telling her for months that when it's Christmas time we're going to go on an airplane and see Grandma and Papa. Now she keeps asking me, "Mom, is it Christmas time?" I'm so happy to tell her that it is!


8 comments:

April said...

So funny, maternity pants on backwards, but dang girl, just barelly putting them on? I put mine on at 18 wks with Harrison. I bet you look great, glad things are well.

Clarissa Meegan said...

Your story about putting on the maternity pants backwards was hilarious. I bet you were worried :)

The Stephensen's said...

Yay!!!! Cant wait to see you guys! Hope you have a good flight!! Love ya see ya soon...katie

Katie said...

I'm glad you guys get to come out for Christmas. We'll have to try and get together sometime.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the great laugh.

Doug said...

We are really looking forward to seeing you for the holidays. It will be fun to let Natalie play with her cousins. Anxious to see how much she has grown.

Jessica said...

How neat that you got a piano. The pants story was classic!

Jenny said...

That's awesome you got a piano. We got one from someone, too. New ones cost at least $5000!